Sunday 1 July 2012

Råbjerg Mile

Yesterday I visited Råbjerg Mile. It is the biggest desert in Denmark. It is one of the most sandy deserts in all Europe, it carries 3.5 million tons of sand. It is not just any ordinary desert it is a warndring desert, which means the sand moves around. The desert leaves a low, moist layer of sand behind it, trailing back westwards towards Skagerrak, where the Mile originally formed more than 300 years ago. Over 250,000 families visit Råbjerg Mile each year.
Every time I come to my summer house I visit Råbjerg Mile because there are huge dunes, which I can jump from. It really tickles when I jump of one of the biggest dunes! While in Råbjerg Mile, I have never said I am bored or I want to go home.  I really enjoy going to Råbjerg Mile.
There is also another desert close by, it is called Rubjerg Knude close to a city of Lønstrup, but this is for another time...






























No comments:

Post a Comment