Monday 13 June 2011

Lejre

Today I went to Lejre, 36 kilometres east of Copenhagen. Lejre is the most ancient capital of Denmark and home to the legendary king Skjold of Denmark. There are 25.000 burial mounds in Denmark, some of them are 5.000 years old. Today I crawled in to one of them, called Oem Jettestue. It is dark and little room in there. I also went to the Land of Legends Lejre Museum. You can make bread or flour there as people did many years ago, you can also go canoeing. I met my friend George there - it was a big surprise.We had a fun time together. I have got a season ticket to the Museum, so I look forward to coming back. I really enjoyed it!

Lejre Museum.
A reconstructed stone age village at
Land of Legends Lejre Museum
The 5000 year old Oem Jettestue burial mound




No comments:

Post a Comment