Sunday 23 October 2011

Rosenborg Castle

Today I went to Rosenborg slot (slot means castle). There was a treasure hunt that I participated in which was very fun. The treasure hunt was nicely organized so that you saw the whole castle during the hunt. I especially liked the treasure room in the basement where the most valuable treasures of Denmark are kept. To finish the treasure hunt you had to find all the clues that each was a letter and a story - I will not tell you the answer to the treasure hunt. If you complete the treasure hunt you get a candy called Heksehyl which means "witch scream".

Inside Rosenborg slot I saw the clothes of King Christian the Fourth that he wore during a famous battle against Sweden. The clothes was all bloody. Here is a song written about the occasion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCMcF-1SR4&feature=related.

I also saw a statue of a boy Carl that lived in the same house where I live now but he lived in the house more than 300 years ago - Interesting! Carl was a play mate of King Christian the Seventh.

 Rosenborg slot (castle) was built in 1606-1607. It was built by Christian IV ( fourth ). Rosenborg slot (castle) is in Kings garden, Copenhagen.




No comments:

Post a Comment